Tuesday 29 April 2014

Spreading some positive dressage energies



I feel like I need to share some positive dressage videos after my latest blogposts. I want to point out, I love horses and riding (and almost everything it entails), but I do think we have a responsibility to treat horses correct, since we chose to use them for our own purpose (riding). I am in no way an angel, I have made plenty of mistakes myself, but one day I woke up, smelled the coffee and corrected my ways, because that is what we owe to our beloved horses. They arent just a tool used to achieve our goals, but deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

I also want to point out that I absolutely love dressage, but I feel some of these methods used on elite levels (and below) are abusive and unfortunatly getting rewarded for it (people riding on elite levels KNOW better, and they should set the standard and be an example to follow, not make people frown and turn the other way). There has always been ugly riding present on all levels, from riding school to the top, but the world of riding, and especially dressage has taken a turn where it is no longer frowned upon using these ugly methods openly, and people using them are also getting rewarded with prizes and medals, and my animal-loving-heart bleeds because of it, and that is why I refuse to shut up about it, and why I write about it here on my blog.

So as I was saying, I feel I want to show some beautiful dressage, worth watching, worth respecting. So without further ado:


I love watching Uta Gräf riding, so beautiful and effortless. Amazing.


I also like this video with Carola Koppelmann. Not giving me the chills like the Uta video, but still this is what dressage should look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment