Wednesday 20 August 2014

Educating The Rider's Eye - ART2Ride

I enjoy watching Will Faerbers videos on youtube, because I think they have a lot of good points, and combine good horsemanship with dressage.  I may be very critical of things from time to time on my blog, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching dressage (as long as it is proper, and not at the expense of the horses well-being) . I just think the basics should be in order, and the goal should be to "dressage" the horse into using itself correctly. This should be done so the horse wont maintain injuries while ridden (which in my opinion is the basics of dressage). I think a lot of what I see, is where people have moved away from this goal, and instead decided to "take the easy way out" to be able to compete faster on their horses and gain "results" more quickly. Or a lot of cases where the amateurs doesn't know any better and end up doing it, simply because it is what they have learned to do by their trainers. (been there myself).
This is why I like sharing articles, because I find them interesting myself, and I figure that people reading my blog, are kinda on the same "wave-length" as me, and therefore will find them interestign aswell ;)

Well enough talk, here is a video I found today and I thought I would share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment