Wednesday 11 February 2015

Started riding again

Hello World

It has been awhile since the last update, but sometimes life just gets in the way ;)

Tess is finally healed, and I have started riding again. Though we are taking it slow. I have ridden her 3 times now, and trotted her once. Since I don't feel like taking another tumble we are takings things slow ;) and with a young horse I think it is important to have the right foundations and not rush things. She is lovely to ride, very soft and really listens to her rider, so hopefully things will keep developing in a positive fashion.

Last night I had her out jumping loose for the first time, just so she could try different things. She thought it was a bit scary at first, but then seemed to enjoy it. Though, I dont think she will ever become a showjumping champion :)

Here is a picture from Sunday after I trotted her for the first time, the camera man is holding my riding helmet, in case anyone was wondering.


No comments:

Post a Comment